Robert Goodwill MP has had the opportunity to add his congratulations to apprentices who were given awards at the Scarborough Construction Skills Village. The facility which is located right next to actual construction sites on the Middle Deepdale development recently announced that it had found construction-related jobs for 52 people over the last year. It is now planning to move to bigger premises at High Eastfield Farm. Speaking at the event, Robert paid tribute to the Hard work and dedication or Graham and Fiona Radcliffe who are the driving force behind the skills village. Later Robert was able to try his hand driving an excavator simulator used to train students in groundwork skills.
Fact Sheet. Scarborough Construction Skills Village has
- Created 147 jobs or apprenticeships since Sept 2016
- Recruited 288 learners onto Skills Village provision
- Delivered over 15,000 real work experience sessions with employers
- Created more than 370 construction industry qualifications from entry level up to level 1 in trade specific areas including plant training
- 4,483 hours of work experience (compared with 140 in 2017)
- Construction Skills Village experience hours on-site 49,248 (compared with 6,900 in 2017)