The Prime Minister has announced people will be barred from leaving their homes and gardens to stop the spread of Coronavirus. Brits will only be able to go out to:
- Shop for basic necessities such as food or medical supplies.
- Exercise once a day – walk run or cycle alone or in the household group.
- Address any medical need or to provide care
- Travel to and from work if it is not possible to work from home. This is not just for the narrow group of key workers already identified such as police and NHS staff.
The Government will be enforcing:
- All shops selling non-essential goods are to close, along with places of worship, libraries and outdoor gyms.
- Stopping all public gatherings of more than 2 people.
- All social events – including weddings, baptism (funerals will be permitted)
- Parks will remain open for exercise but gatherings will be dispersed
- The police will have the ability to fine and disperse rule breakers